Psalm 145: 8 The Lord is gracious and merciful; Slow to anger and great in lovingkindness. His mercies are over all His works. Psalm 25:7 Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways.
1. Jesus, we bring before you our wayward and prodigal children. Thank you Father that your heart is full of infinite love and mercy for them. We cry out to you, let your compassion and mercy abound to us and to our children. Redeemer God, save our sons and daughters from their lives of darkness and depravity. Separate them to yourself and deliver them from rebellion. Forgive all their iniquity and forget their sins forever. God of perfect faithfulness, we trust them fully into the work of your masterful hands.
Luke 15:18 “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants” But when the prodigal son was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
2. Father, thank you that it is not your will to condemn the wayward, but to welcome back with joy the ones who have gone astray. Lord, cause our children to be as this prodigal son. Open their eyes to their fallen condition. Help them come to their senses. Let them see the foolishness of the errant way they are living. Jesus, give them understanding that the emptiness in their souls cannot be filled with the junk of the world. Help them realize they will not find true life aside from You. Father, convict them; fill their hearts with Godly sorrow and desire for true repentance. We thank you beautiful savior, that Your eyes are watching over them and your arms are open wide.
2nd Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 3:15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
3. Jesus, Light of the world, shine Your truth over the blind and deceived. Illuminate the darkness of their thinking; rend the veil of deception. Let the scales fall from their eyes and the deafness leave their ears. Take the hardness from their hearts, and implant in them an unquenchable hunger for righteousness. Jesus, we need You; save our children from worshiping the god of this age. Draw them to Yourself and take away the veil. Let the glory of the gospel fall on them like a flood; immerse them in Your mercy and love! Savior God, to You we cry, let Your will be done!
Isaiah 42:16 I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, In paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them, and rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, and I will not leave them undone.”
4. Compassionate Father, our faith is in You. In spite of their blindness, you are able to lead those in darkness into the light. Jesus, our Deliverer, set Your seal over our children. Protect them from the plan of the enemy and preserve them through all their rebellion and resistance. Rescue those caught in the sway of deception. Recover those who have been taken captive by the enemy. Liberate those in bondage to evil passions. Deliver the ones who are tormented by demons, who are trapped by powerful delusion. Father, we worship You; no one has greater love for the prodigals of the world than You. Thank You that you came to save the lost ones. We declare that You can do all things, and no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.
Ephesians 2:21 As for you, you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you used to walk when you conformed to the ways of this world and of the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the sons of disobedience.
5. Jesus, we praise You! We confess, if not for Your grace, we ourselves would still be lost and chained in our sins. Lord, forgive us and forgive our children. Merciful Father, our children have been seduced by darkness. They are listening to the voice of the liar, and are conformed to his way of thinking. They have been robbed of their innocence, destroyed in their spirits, and their hearts have been broken. God we raise our voices to You, we know this is not Your plan for our child. Jesus, deliver them from the destroyer and convict them of their disobedience. Father, bring them to the One who is the doorway to true life. Call them to live as children of the light!
Luke 15:4 What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the one lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and carries it home. Then he calls his friends together and says “rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.” I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
6. Jesus, thank You that You love sinners. Thank You that Your will is to save them and not that even one of them should perish. You love every one of them; the rebellious, the addicted, the sick, the insane. Good Shepherd, carry our sons and daughters home on Your shoulders. Pour Your Spirit and Your saving power full strength out on them. Father, Let us join with You and all of heaven in the greatest rejoicing in the universe! Let us shout “My son was lost, but now he is found! My daughter was dead, but now she is alive!” We give praise and glory to You Jesus, that this is why You came; to seek and to save that which was lost. Father, we praise You and thank You that this will be our song of victory!