- Lord, forgive me, personally, and the Church of South Dakota for neglecting your instructions to make prayer central to our lives and ministries. You said that your church should be called a â€œhouse of prayer for all nations.â€Â Lord forgive us for falling short of this.Â Help us to construct our lives and your church to be all that you have destined it to be.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Mark 11:17 â€œMy House will be called a house of prayer for all nationsâ€
- Release an anointing for corporate prayer gatherings in South Dakota. Lord, we see that sin and darkness covers our land.Â Holy God, we acknowledge that there is only one solution for a nation who has gone astray.Â We must humble ourselves before you and seek your face.Â Lord of Heavenâ€™s Armies release to South Dakota a gathering anointing.Â Raise up bold believers who are not afraid to â€œblow the trumpetâ€ and call your people to corporate fasting and prayer.Â Release grace to gather and seek you, Mighty God!Â It is your mercy that we need in this hour.
Joel 2:15, 17b â€œBlow the trumpet in Zion. Announce a holy fast; proclaim a sacred assembly!Â Gather all the peopleâ€¦let them pray.â€
- Lord, help your people in South Dakota to live lives of waiting, watching, and listening to you. Faithful God, we ask you to help us to quiet our lives and to learn to be patient in your presence.Â Open up the ears of South Dakotans to hear your words.Â Open up our eyes to see you.Â Give us grace to wait and see what you have to say to us.
Habakkuk 2:1 â€œI will climb up to my watchtower and stand at my guard post.Â There I will wait to see what the Lord will say to me.â€
- Jesus, teach your people in South Dakota how to pray. Â You, Jesus, are the expert intercessor of Heaven.Â We look to you to show us your ways in regard to prayer.Â Lord, we acknowledge that we lack understanding in this.Â We see the need in our own lives and the Body of Christ across the state to grow in the grace of prayer.Â Help us, Lord.Â We come to you right now, just as your 12 disciples did, and we ask you, â€œLord, teach us to prayâ€.Â Take away our shame in this area.Â And let the Holy Spirit rest upon us for the purpose of prayer and fellowship with you.
Â Luke 11:1 “Lord, teach us to pray,â€
- God, make your church in South Dakota effective in prayer. Teach us the best ways to pray.Â Teach us the truths about prayer. Â Â Give to your church in South Dakota divinely inspired prayer strategies.Â Impart to us faith.Â Release to us scriptural promises to declare over our state and nation.Â Take your church into the depths of your heart and show us what moves you.Â Then, let those same things move us.
James 5:16 â€œThe effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.â€
- Jesus, teach your church in South Dakota how to â€œabide in youâ€ as a lifestyle. Bring your church into the sweet place of intimacy with you.Â Lord, captivate us with your beauty and greatness.Â You, Jesus, are our Bridegroom God.Â We desire to think on you constantly, to rely on you completely, and to fellowship with you unceasingly.Â Precious Savior, teach us how to never leave the place of abiding.Â Show us how to have fellowship with you, God, through the activities and busyness of life.
John 15:4 â€œ Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.â€
John 15:9 â€œJust as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.â€
- Lord God, we acknowledge that living a life of prayer strengthens us to withstand temptation and walk in victory. Forgive us for all the times that we have not heeded your warning to â€œwatch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation.â€Â You are a wise God and your ways are perfect!Â Strengthen us to walk in the holiness of heart and action that comes from a life of prayer.
Matthew 26:41 â€œKeep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptationâ€
- Lord, release a persistent spirit to your church in South Dakota. Mighty God, strengthen us to overcome disappointment and discouragement.Â Give to us a strong and resilient spirit.Â We believe your Word, faithful God!Â Surely, you will grant your people justice when we cry out to you day and night.Â Grant us grace to persevere in the place of prayer until we see you break in with power.
Â Â Luke 18:7 â€œGod will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night”
- Lord, fill your children in South Dakota with joy as they seek you in prayer. Break off heavy yokes of religion.Â Free your people from depression.Â Faithful God, release to us the inexpressible joy that comes from living a life of surrender to you!Â Thank you for filling us with your joy as we sit in your presence.
Isaiah 56:7 â€œI will bring them to my holy mountain of Jerusalem and will fill them with joy in my house of prayer.â€